QuantumX Seed Grants
To support the use of nanotechnology fabrication tools to advance quantum technologies, UW QuantumX is offering $10k grants for work to be conducted in the Washington Nanofabrication Facility (WNF). These grants are designed to help new or past users build and characterize prototypes, obtain preliminary results and conduct proof of concept studies.
Deadline to apply is October 15, 2022.
This program is open to first-time WNF users or users who have not utilized the facility in more than 2 years. New faculty are encouraged to apply.
- Support is not intended to supplement or extend an ongoing funded research project.
- Awards are based on the quality of the research being proposed and are not intended to serve as bridge funding when external sources of research support have been lost.
- Funds can be applied to on-site work or remote work to be carried out by facility staff.
- Grants must be used between November 1, 2022 – October 31, 2023 or they are forfeited.
- Awardees must sign a standard Use of Facility Agreement prior to beginning their project in the lab.
Projects will be selected by a committee based upon a) intellectual merit including potential to advancement of quantum information science and engineering (QISE) b) potential to lead to external funding QISE and c) potential to develop and/or highlight novel fabrication capabilities relevant to QISE. Selected projects will receive $10,000 in laboratory/equipment time to be used at the Washington Nanofabrication Facility. A final report is required at the end of the funding period.
**Interested applicants must reach out to facility staff as to the feasibility of your proposal prior to submitting.**
For more information or questions about this opportunity, contact WNF director Maria Huffman at email@example.com
For technical assistance on the capabilities of the WNF, project budgeting, or proposal assistance, contact Darick Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org